Lower Blepharoplasty Revision Eyelid Surgery
Blepharoplasty revision is the surgery that remedies various problems after eyelid surgery. Most side effects are such things like double eyelid line with a wide gap, deep and thick lines, swollen and sausage-like lines, big scarred line when the eyes are closed, etc. and these problems usually come together. Blepharoplasty Revision is a procedure to correct the snags caused by previous eyelid surgeries that ended up in some problem.
As you get old, your skin is sagging and the orbital septum is loosened, then fat is bulging making wrinkles resulting in old-looking appearances. In this case, through lower blepharoplasty, unnecessary skin, muscles, and fat can be removed. But, 1-2 years later, fat or scars appear again in most cases. If you had your skin cut too much, lower eyelids could be inverted as a side effect. Hence, a thorough consultation with experienced doctors is significant for blepharoplasty revision.
Candidates of Lower Blepharoplasty Revision
- Aged looks because of wrinkles under the eyes
- Severe dark circles
- Recurrence of bulging fat and wrinkles after blepharoplasty
- Inverted eyelids after lower blepharoplasty
- If you are afraid of revision surgery because of side effects and scars to be left
Diverse Types of Blepharoplasty Revision
- Untied Lines The percentage of untied lines after the surgery is about 3% in buried method which is much-reduced figure than before. However, there are some people whose lines are just constitutionally untied. In this case, there has to be a consultation with the medical team in charge whether they will use buried method, incision method or partial incision method in the blepharoplasty revision and the lines will be realigned.
- Big and Clear Scar If there are remained tissues or skins of the eyelid, we can simply cut out the scarred place. However, if the skin is not much enough, it is difficult to re-operate. But the situation may be different from what you’ve expected so it is necessary to have a consultation with medical professionals beforehand.
- Thick and Swollen Double Eyelids (Sausage-Line)
This happens when the lines were designed too big and when there is too much unnecessary fat tissue. In secondary blepharoplasty, it is important to make the height of double eyelids and scarred places and fat tissue reduced altogether to make you have natural lines.
- Asymmetric Lines
Nobody has exactly symmetric eyes. But if it seems obviously asymmetric, realigning is demanded. Generally, if the line on one eye is untied, the lines have different height so they can be realigned by re-operation which modifies one eyelid or both eyelids.
- Dissatisfaction of Eyelid Lines
This case happens not because of the wrong operation but because of your dissatisfaction with the shape or height of lines. Hence, lines should be accurately studied and realigned along with enough consultation.
Lower Blepharoplasty Revision, Why with us?
Process of Lower Blepharoplasty Revision
Lower Blepharoplasty Revision Before and After Photo: